Friday 4 May 2007

Blokey Thing Oooops Nice Car




Ok my first blog

I have a car which I love. I know I love her because sometimes I curse the day we met. Fondly referred to as the Cat, her vitals are as follows: Caterham SV, Rover k-series engine, 1.8 litre,140bhp, weighs 547 kilos, 0 to 60 5.3 secs. She is silver with the most gorgeous red stripe down the middle of her bonnet.
Now it has to be said this is a love hate thingy. She often boils over and sometimes dumps the red stuff all over the road. Hours have turned into days trying to solve that problem and each time I think I finally solved it then she goes and does it again. Humph!Her most recent bit of uppity ness is to not start at all. That is just not fair given that she recently blew her head gasket and cost me a fortune in repairs. What a mess, mayonnaise all over the place.
You push the big red starter button (oh the thrill) - click, then click and then curse and then click. Can you detect the frustration building? God how I hate you sometimes. Oh and the shame when you decide to do this in public. This lovely foible of the Cat is known in oily circles as the "Click of Death" and the fix is to dismantle her bits and clean, only that didn't work. Installed new electric bits then she worked then she clicked and then clicked again. Then she worked then clicked again. This click begins to sound sarcastic to my ears perhaps even belligerent just like a teenager. Why? God knows!

Anyways when she works, something special happens.


Cat behaved herself to day no leaks and only a few "clicks of death". Took the Molster(teenage daughter) for a few hours drive in the country to a place called Sherrington where we bought some Magnums her's was milk mine dark chocolate - scene - lovely quiet village and we were parked in the bus stop next to the village green with wafts of daffodils soaking up the sunshine. Perfect.

Today is the first time ever that I drove the Cat in t-shirt and cut-offs. I bought the Cat at the beginning of the winter so today was just great. Molster and I did a lot of showing off and posing even driving around big car parks to get some attention. Priceless. One bunch of kids called the car "fat" which Moll says means it’s really good. Lots of finger pointing from builders and so on. Oh and another thing we go under bridges to rev the engine. I have my favourite bridges in town filed away but always open to try new ones. Enter bridge slip the clutch and brrrrrooooom. The Blackwall tunnel is amazing.

Brrrappp

10 comments:

lixtroll said...

She is a beautiful little Cat, glad she's 'fat' though!
So charming I am sure anyone would forgive a breakdown in public, I can picture a sort of Audrey Hepburn hissy fit - it's all part of the charm, I'm sure people must rush to help!
A lovely little first blog well done x

Un Peu Loufoque said...

Looks just like the dear litle car Isadora Duncan was driving when she got throttled by her silk scarf getting caught in the wheels dear. You will be carefull wont you ? Chief Patissier's car is more sit up and beg than lie down and pray like your dear little vehicle is but I do know how you men like your cars. Well blogged that man!

Sally Townsend said...

I've just directed His Lordship over to your blog but I don't want him getting any fancy ideas that he can start a blog on The Grand Duchess. Happy Blogging.

Kitty said...

How marvellous - I can almost hear it from here. Am v impressed you can put pictures in the middle of your blog rather than all up at the top - but then, you have IT listed as an interest, so it is in fact in your interest to know how to do these things. Sigh.

leon said...

oh for the smell of burning fuel, oil splattered goggles, the wind coursing through my bald bit. I thought it was still trendy to say 'bad' when you mean 'good'.

patsy said...

At least you are clever enough to fix your Cat Humpty. The petrol head in this family is on first name terms with all the local RAC and AA patrolmen thanks to a temperamental old Pussy Cat who doesn't always purrrr along as she should!

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

Ah well see like all us women she has to be treated right and forgiven her 'off' days and loved for all her days good and bad.

Faith said...

Boys and their toys - you sound like Hub3, but couldnt persuade him to blog in a million years. He can't spell for a start. I like the bit about revving the engine under bridges!

muddyboots said...

you men & your classics, hubby has a jag thingy, might be an xjs? wants to do the grand tour in it.

Kitty said...

Thanks for the funeral-related comment, I probably shouldn't be laughing so much. Gorgeous mental picture.